Kao the Kangaroo: Cheats and Hidden Launch Options
Kao the Kangaroo is an action adventure game developed by and published by Licomp Empik Multimedia and developed by X-Ray Interactive. The game was first launched on November 23, 2000 for platforms such as Windows, Dreamcast and Game Boy. Kao is a young kangaroo living along with his family in the jungle when they’re someday captured by using a ruthless hunter and his goons. it is up to Kao to force the invaders from his home and store his circle of relatives.
Go to “Kao the Kangaroo: Round 2” properties menu and choose Set launch options… button.
There you can try out many of the following options (separated by spaces, without quotes!):
“-$=” – set number of ducats on new game, for example:
“-c=” – set number of crystals on new game, for example:
“-s=” – set number of stars on new game, for example:
“-novbr” – disable gamepad vibrations
“-notm” – disable Torpedo Mode screen (“Lair of Poison” boss stage)
“-lqae” – low quality atmospheric effects (like snowflakes and raindrops)
“-nosv” – disable Kao’s shadow
“-nofss” – disable Full Screen Sprite (fade-in and fade-out effects)
“-loadtest” – load every level from the game. You can hold down ESC/START button on loading screen to stop the process, then close down the game, disable this option and reload your save file on a selected stage.
“-nopcf” – skip parsing default config files (“media/elephant2.ini”, “media/user.ini”)
“-setpf” – set a save file flag:
- “-setpf0=-1” – first cutscene in the “Dark Docks”
- “-setpf0=1” – cutscene after defeating Shaman
- “-setpf0=2” – cutscene after defeating Engineer
- “-setpf0=3” – cutscene after defeating Octopus
- “-setpf0=4” – cutscene after defeating Pirate
- “-setpf0=5” – cutscene after winning the motorboat race
- “-setpf6=1” – Kao already collected treasure in the “Volcano” (set it to any other value and you can fish out treasure chests again!)
- “-setpf7=1” – Kao already got 1000 ducats in a “Race” (set it to less or equal to 0 and you can claim your prize again!)
- “-setpf9=1” – BOSMAN IS GONE
- “-setpf31=0” – something special in the “Beavers’ Forest”…
First, you need to set up your SELECT key. If you are playing with keyboard, please open:
in notepad and locate option KF_R1_key. By default it should be set to:
which is a Direct Input code for INSERT key (“DIK_INSERT”).
Then, you want to pause the game. On main menu, hold down your SELECT button and then press listed keys in order. You will hear a sound if you entered your cheat code correctly.
Go to the next level! (“OPEN_NEXT_LEVEL”)
Unlock all levels in the level select screen! (“OPEN_ALL_LEVELS”)
Get 250 crystals! (“OPEN_BONUS_LEVELS”)
Partial invulnerability! You can still die in water hazards and deadly pits.(“UNLIMITED_ENERGY”)
Get an unlimited amount of boomerangs! (“UNLIMITED_BOOMERANGS”)
Get 50 stars and unlock the first skill! (“STARS_50”)
Get 100 stars and unlock the second skill! (“STARS_100”)
Get 150 stars and unlock the third skill! (“STARS_150”)
Get 200 stars and unlock the fourth skill! (“STARS_200”)
Get 250 stars and unlock the fifth skill! (“STARS_250”)
Show Kao’s X, Y and Z position on screen! (“SHOW_HERO_POS”)
Load all levels in order! (“LOADTEST”)